Monday, October 19, 2009

Still working...

Not a lot new to report--making slow but steady progress on McAuley Angel, which once embellishing began has begged for just one more thing several times--Here's hoping this final bit will do it. I am adding sequins to an arc that is suggested by the values behind her--I'll post a photo when it gets done (if I like the sequins and don't pull them all off!)

The Deep Ones baby quilt is coming together as well. Here is a shot of the completed top, although the color is more true in the post below. Next step: construct a back from the left over fabrics, then quilt!
Meanwhile, I found the fabric I want to use for a feathered star quilt based on a Persian myth, Khorshid Khanoom. It is the Hoffman challenge fabric from 2007. Once I realized it was out of print, I searched online and sent for the few yards I found. I am thinking to place her face in the center of the star--maybe something zodiac around the border. Still in the thinking phase. As is another quilt based on a photo taken in DC. Never enough TIME!!

Quilt gallery and quilts for sale at: http://community.webshots.com/user/roconnorquilts

No comments:

Post a Comment