Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The One Week Quilt

Here is a quick little baby quilt for a shower I am going to soon. I pulled the blue and yellow fabrics from my stash, and when I found the dark blue batik with dinosaurs, I decided on a pattern that showcased it. I had already started the swirly quilting when I hit upon the idea of adding the pink dinosaur, so she got placed in a corner that wasn't yet quilted. I don't know if you can see it in the photos, but I am using several different variegated threads--four total, just for a little variety. Just one quarter left to quilt. Don't you love the dinosaur applique? I think it really makes the quilt! I've got a mix of blue fabrics pieced for the binding, which I hope to apply by this weekend--that would be a new record--concept to completion in One Week!



Quilt gallery and quilts for sale at: http://community.webshots.com/user/roconnorquilts

2 comments:

  1. Rana,

    It looks great. I think mom and baby will be very happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute, especially the dinosaur, but nothing can beat Cthulhu Baby Quilt.

    ReplyDelete