Monday, March 2, 2015

Trunk Show at Calico

Calico Quilters, the Portland area chapter of Maine's Quilt Guild invited me to do a trunk show in January. Due to weather and other considerations, it was postponed and postponed, but finally happened at their meeting last Monday. The focus was on art quilting, which I never tire of discussing, especially with other quilters! In addition to my pieces, I had several quilts I was holding from other members of Art Quilts Maine, so I asked the other artists for permission and a write up to share about their work, which broadened the show. I was also extremely lucky to be putting a hanging sleeve on an antique quilt belonging to a good friend. Made in the late 1800's, the cheddar yellow and indigo quilt is in pristine condition. I just knew the quilters would be as thrilled as I to see that quilt up close, even if it didn't fit the theme of the evening! Here is a link to Calico's newsletter with several photos from the trunk show (scroll down to page 6)!

No comments:

Post a Comment