Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blog to Blog

I was catching up on a few blogs and discovered that Sarah Ann Smith, a wonderful quilter/teacher living in Camden, ME had included a photo of one of my quilts on her blog! It is one of the two Tigers I exhibited at Maine Quilts last year. Check out her post! Very very cool to come across that today. We met when she was interested in including "Postcard from Rajasthan" in her book. The book (might become 2 books!) is still in progress, so who knows, the horse may yet get published.

Meanwhile, I am stalled on Bali Blooms. The trapunto is not smooth and full as I had imagined it. Hmmm. trying to figure out what to try next. Last time I was unhappy I cut a hole in the quilt. It actually worked out, eventually! Still, not sure that is the answer to every quilt-y problem! So, I'm pondering and wondering if I can go ahead and finish the binding, then return to the petals. I'm planning a wavy, curved edge--similar to "Watch Over Me" (see post below). Check back to see what happens--maybe it will look just fine with a few holes cut in it!

See more of my quilt photos at: http://community.webshots.com/user/roconnorquilts

No comments:

Post a Comment