Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bali Done

Bali Bloom is finished! Or at least I think it is. I have it ready to take to the office tomorrow and see how it looks on display--and whether others concur that it is complete. Beaded several weeks while hanging out with my father-in-law watching the Red Sox on TV. What do you think? Is it done yet? Click on the photo to see a larger picture. The beading actually looks subtle in this shot!


Several of us met up for a quick trip to the Lowell Quilt Festival. We spent Thursday at a wonderfully fun workshop with Barbara Olson.We worked on flowers using very wild, vivid colors and patterns and learned design principals and an applique technique involving glue (which I am not at all fond of. In fact, in order to finish my piece I think I will need to figure out a different technique!)
But we had such a great time together and saw oh so many beautiful, take your breath away quilts.

Quilt gallery and quilts for sale at: http://community.webshots.com/user/roconnorquilts

1 comment:

  1. These quilts are original in design and beautiful. They are not like the ones we are used to and that is what makes them inspiring.
    Mo Ghajar

    Lots of success,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete